Basketball is one of the most accepted and admired sports all over the world, along with football, soccer, and baseball. When a sport is popular it is very obvious for gambler to bet on. Whether it is real time or online sports betting, gambling is done by thousands of punters. In the United States, basketball betting is done usually in NBA and NCAA college basketball games.
If you want to get into this business than sticking to a betting guide is the first step. This guide should furnish the following details to formulate betting tips:
- Knowledge about the teams: Read the newspaper reports carefully and pay attention to the team analysis done by professionals on TV. Create a list of strong points and weakness of the top players and check on the performance of each team. At least collect the details on the last three seasons. Collect the team ratings by different newspapers, TV channels and websites.
- Team motivating factors: Remember a team that has already qualified can save its best performance for the final. These teams might bring their best players and strategies towards the end. Also, the teams that are unnoticed always put in extra than the popular and strong teams.
- Close follow up of matches: Keep details on the factors resulting to a win or failure of match. It is possible that the losing team has played better than the winning team and because of some factors they have lost the game. These details will help you to know the team and their players better.
- Public opinion: Generally it so happens that people bet more on those teams which are more popular. And most tend to go with the opinion of the crowd. You must not follow the trend and stay from such teams or bet low on them. Do your research and put your money on teams that are dark horses or strong fighters.
- Make more straight bets: To play safe follow four straight win bets and loose two over a week instead of choosing to go for two parlays and lose both.
The growth of the betting industry has given birth to punters who would provide you with betting tips and suggest about the most likely winner of the sport and will charge you a fee. Their tips are more likely from insider information, from the collective information from public accessible information and, in most cases, from their experience.